The current list of EAA Clubs supported by Berkeley Lab is provided below. To join a club, contact the Club officers directly.
Cultural | Educational | Recreational
EAA Clubs are based on shared characteristics or life experiences.
- Berkeley Lab Asian Association: The association provides networking opportunities for Asian employees and members to share their experiences and to benefit the quality of work and life at the Lab as well as in the community at large.
- Filipino-American (Fil-Am) Association: We welcome all Lab Staff who are interested in deepening their own and others’ understanding and appreciation of Filipino History and Culture.
- Lambda Alliance: The charter of the Lambda Alliance is to enhance the work environment at LBNL for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, and questioning employees and allies (LGBTIQQA).
EAA Clubs focused on staff development and learning.
- Berkeley Lab Postdoc Association (BLPA): The Berkeley Lab Postdoc Association (BLPA) is an organization that is run by, and for, postdocs, grad students, visiting members, and early-career scientists at Berkeley Lab.
- Fermenters’ Club: The Fermenters’ Club strives to promote diversity and inclusion through preparing and sharing fermented food and drink. Members are encouraged to teach other members fermenting techniques, share some (cultural) history of the ferments, and provide samples for tasting at periodic meetings.
- LBL Visiting Students and Scholars Ministry: We welcome postdocs, graduates, and visiting students and scholars from the U.S. and countries all around the world interested in exploring the meaning and purpose of life.
- Philosophy Club: Discuss the philosophy of science and the relationship between philosophy and science.
- Toast on the Hill (Toastmasters Club): Toast on the Hill is an official club of Toastmasters International, specifically created for the employees and associates of Berkeley Lab.
EAA Clubs offer recreational and leisure activities.
- Bike Coalition: A group of bicyclists from the Berkeley Lab community working as volunteers to encourage bicycle commuting through education and improved facilities.
- Dance Club: Promote physical and emotional well-being, i.e. a form of stress management, as well as encouraging camaraderie among Lab staff.
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Club: For anyone who wants to learn how to move more freely and easily, carry less stress in your body, and stop doing the things that cause you pain.
- Filipino Martial Arts: Learn the art of self-defense in its simplest form; develop mind and body coordination and physical fitness using Filipino martial arts.
- Golf Club: Members participate in monthly tournaments at golf courses in the greater Bay Area, competing for prizes for each event and accumulating points for the Golfer of the Year trophy.
- Photography Club: Get together with other members and take photos together, show and critique member photos, and put photos on display.
- Pilates Club: To provide strengthening and stretching for employees focusing on the issues that result from repetitive desk work.
- Soccer Club: Soccer players and/or teams of players at all levels/skills from LBNL are encouraged to join/participate.
- Softball Club: Interested in meeting fun people, getting some exercise, and grabbing a slice of pizza afterward? Join Berkeley Lab’s Summer Softball League!
- Table Tennis Club: Coordinates on-site Table Tennis resources, equipment, casual games, and tournaments.
- Tennis Club: Players of all abilities are paired to form evenly matched competitions; a tournament is held once a year.
- Ukulele Club: Enhances and improves morale by providing an outlet for Lab employees to unwind through music and learn how to play the ukulele in a friendly atmosphere.
- Yoga Club: Everyone is welcome to join. Learn more about the Berkeley Lab Yoga Club.